Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Arvada, CO

How to Verify a Professional's License in Arvada?

If you want to embark on a project in Arvada, getting a properly licensed professional is a good way to ensure that your project is executed properly. Arvada professionals are generally regulated by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies through one of the 38 boards and programs of its Division of Professions and Occupations (DPO). You can verify the license of a professional you want to hire through the DPO's License Lookup Portal. However, certain professionals may also need to obtain licenses issued by Arvada City to carry out projects within the city. For example, professionals involved in construction, erection, general improvements, and other similar projects within Arvada must obtain a contractor's license from the Arvada City Licensing Division. This division issues two different types of licenses, a Building Contractor's License, and a Municipal Contractor's License, to eligible professionals. If you're embarking on a construction project, you can verify that the professional you want to hire has obtained the city required license by calling either (720) 898-7620 for building contractors or (720) 898-7640 for municipal contractors.

When embarking on construction and home improvement projects, making sure the professional you hire is duly licensed by the state and the city is not the only thing you need to look out for. Arvada requires that permits be obtained for certain residential and commercial building projects, from the Arvada Permits and Applications Division. You can apply for permits using the city's online eTRAKIT service or by sending an application by email. You can direct inquiries on Arvada permits to the permits and applications division at (720) 898-7620.

Colorado Contractor License Search:

Do Arvada Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, Arvada Neighborhood groups and associations do not issue any type of home improvement or construction permits. Instead, the city's Neighborhoods and Community Services seek to help the citizens get involved through initiatives like the Neighbors Connected and the Safe and Accessible & Help for Homes programs. Through these platforms, residents can sponsor and support programs and initiatives that would help each neighborhood grow and improve its living standards for residents. On the 15th of June 2021, the residents of Arvada came out to lend their voices in opposition to the proposed construction of an Amazon delivery facility in West Arvada. After many presentations on the possible environmental impact of the project, the Arvada City Council voted 5-2 against the building of the facility. However, other infrastructural developments have continued in Arvada. In July of the same year, the city completed Phase one of the Ralston Road reconstruction project, which had begun in February 2020.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Arvada?

The Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Colorado Attorney General handles unfair business complaints by Arvada residents against professionals and businesses in the city. You can file a complaint with this Division by completing the online complaint form that applies to your complaint category. When applying, you should attach necessary supporting documents like receipts, advertisements, contracts, and any other related documents to help strengthen your complaint.

The Consumer Protection Division ensures that investigations are carried out into complaints that are deemed to have merit, but it can not provide you with legal advice or institute private legal proceedings on your behalf. In some instances, where it is noticed that a particular business has shown a repeated pattern of illegal behavior, the Division may file a lawsuit in the public interest. For certain complaints, the Division might determine that another agency is in a better position to handle the matter, and in such instances, your complaint may be forwarded to this agency or you may be directed to file your complaint with them. If you are left unsatisfied after the conclusion of the complaint process, you can seek private remedy by filing a civil action against the business or professional at an Adams County Court or a Jefferson County Court.