Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Centennial, CO

How to Verify a Professional's License in Centennial?

Professionals in Centennial City require licenses to offer their services within the city. Licenses are issued both at the state and city levels. At the state level, the Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations regulates and licenses over 50 classes of professionals, including engineers, architects, and land surveyors. Residents can verify state-level licensing using the Verify a Colorado Professional or Business License page on the Division of Professions and Occupations website. At the local level, the City's Building Division licenses several professionals, including general contractors, trade contractors, and other professionals that perform construction-related activities. You can verify local licenses by looking them up on the City's Public Information Search Portal.

In addition to granting licenses, the Building Division also issues permits for projects involving building construction, renovations, and additions. These construction permits are broadly classified into one-stop permits, commercial permits, and residential permits, and interested parties are mandated to obtain the requisite permits before embarking on related projects. To determine and obtain permits required for your project, contact the Building Department either by calling (303) 754-3321, by email, or by visiting

  • Centennial Civic Center
  • 13133 East Arapahoe Road
  • Centennial, CO 80112
Colorado Contractor License Search:

Do Centennial Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

There are several neighborhoods in Centennial City, which are broadly grouped into four council districts. Each council district has elected members on the City Council, which is the City's legislative body. The Council does not issue construction permits.However, it performs notable construction-related functions, such as making and amending city laws that involve construction and zoning, setting the city's infrastructure priorities, and approving public projects. For example, the City recently embarked on the construction of a replacement bridge over Big Dry Creek located on Arapahoe Road. The project, slated for completion in 2023, will also include roadway, drainage, and trail improvements. The City is also working to construct a new traffic signal at the intersection of Chester Street and Mineral Circle to improve traffic flow in the neighborhood. Construction is expected to commence in November 2021 and be concluded by January 2022. Residents can look up the council districts they reside in by using the Centennial Council District Maps.

How Do You File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Centennial?

If you think you have fallen victim to a deceptive practice perpetuated in Centennial, you can file complaints against the business or individual involved in the matter. To do so, complete the online complaint form provided by the Office of the Colorado Attorney General or call (720) 508-6000. Complaints that include allegations of crime should also be forwarded to the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office by calling (303) 795-4711, faxing (720) 874-4158, or visiting the Office at

  • 13101 East Broncos Parkway
  • Centennial, CO 80112

Following the receipt of your complaint by either of these agencies, an investigation will be carried out to ensure that the complaint is genuine. As such, it is advisable that you also include supporting documents like the contract, ads, and correspondence with the professional or business in question when filing complaints. If the complaint is taken up after this process, actions may then be taken to discipline the culpable business or individual. Note that disciplinary actions may not necessarily result in compensation for the complainant. Therefore, besides filing complaints with the relevant agency, you should also consider securing the services of a private attorney to help you institute a civil suit for damages before the Small Claims Division of the Arapahoe County Court. Note that this court division only has jurisdiction over civil claims that do not exceed $7,500 in value.