Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Greeley, CO

How to Verify a Professional's License in Greeley?

Considering that valid licensure indicates that a professional is qualified to offer such service and has requisite insurance covering dangers arising from work, it is essential that any professional you hire within Greeley City is duly licensed to provide the service you require. The Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations regulates over 50 professions in the city, including architecture, landscape architecture, and land surveying. Residents can verify state-level licensing by using the Division's Verify a Colorado Professional or Business License page. Similarly, the city locally registers several professionals, including general, building, and residential contractors, through its Building Inspection Department. To verify city-level registration, you can search the city's list of registered contractors or contact the Department by calling (970) 350-9830, faxing (970) 350-9844, or email.

Finally, per the Greeley Building Code, residents of the city are required to obtain building permits for works that involve the erection, construction, alteration, repair, moving, or demolition of a building or structure. It is advisable to make inquiries from the Building Inspection Department about relevant permits before commencing any related project in the city.

Colorado Contractor License Search:

Do Greeley Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Greeley City is made up of four wards, from which members of the City Council are elected. The City Council is the city's primary legislative body, and it does not issue construction permits. It, however, performs other vital functions, including enacting and amending city laws and deciding the city's priorities. The Council also approves citywide public construction projects. Notably, in 2019, the City Council approved an improvement project to 7th Avenue, which commenced in May 2020, and involved the replacement of the Avenue's asphalt road surface, concrete curb, and gutter. A similar improvement project, which included the paving of 10th Avenue, was completed in October 2020. You can check out your location on the Greeley Voting Ward Map to discover which voting ward you reside in.

How Do You File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Greeley?

Greeley City residents can file complaints against professionals that engage in deceptive practices with the Office of the Colorado Attorney General by completing its online complaint form or calling (720) 508-6000. In filing a complaint, make sure you include documents relating to your transaction with the professional. This gives the complaints more credibility and makes it easier to process. After receiving the complaint, the Office will carry out further investigations to gather enough evidence to institute appropriate disciplinary proceedings against the culpable professional. While this process may lead to punishments for the professional, there is no guarantee that you will be compensated for any losses you incurred due to the transaction. However, you can also explore the option of filing a civil suit against the professional before the Small Claims Division of the Weld County Court. Note that the jurisdiction of the court extends to compensatory claims that involve not more than $7,500 in value.

Finally, complaints that allege or expose criminal activities should be filed with the Greeley Police Department by calling (970) 350-9605, faxing (970) 351-5431, or visiting the police department at

  • 2875 West 10th Street
  • Greeley, CO 80634